Official Rules: THE GIVER Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
The GIVER Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Walden Media, LLC, 17 New England Executive Park, Suite 305, Burlington, MA 01803 (“Sponsor”). 1. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are, at the time of entry, educational professionals, such as teachers, librarians, principals, educational paraprofessionals, district professionals, and afterschool leaders who have a valid school-associated email address, and registered home school parents. Employees, officers, directors, members (and their immediate family members or those with whom they are domiciled) of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates and their respective agencies and agents are ineligible. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter. No Purchase Necessary. The Sweepstakes may only be entered by the Internet, during the period commencing 12:01 A.M., January 23, 2014 , and ending at 11:59 P.M, June 30, 2014. To enter, visitwww.walden.com/thegiver, click on and follow the instructions to enter the sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage fees imposed by your online service provider will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if your email address changes.
3. Procedures and Notification of Winners. On or about July 1, 2014, in a random drawing, Sponsor will select a winner from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. On or about July 5, 2014, Winner will be notified by email, U.S. Mail, and/or telephone (the “Notification Date”). Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to contact Winner, but Sponsor is under no obligation to make repeated efforts at contacting Winner. If a Winner cannot be contacted, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner and Winner’s guest will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release. If a selected winner does not (a) contact Sponsor within five (5) days of the Notification Date, or (b) fails to return a signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release by Winner and Winner’s guest within five (5) days of the Notification Date, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
4. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a trip for two (2) to the world premiere of The Giver in New York, New York. Grand Prize trip includes: (i) roundtrip economy airfare for two from an airport in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia to New York, New York; (ii) two nights hotel accommodations (one standard double occupancy room and room tax only) at a three-star hotel, to be selected by Sponsor; and (iii) reimbursement for meals in the amount of up to $100 per day, for two (2) days, ground transportation between Winner’s home and the airport, and ground transportation in New York to and from the airport and to and from the Premiere. Trip must be completed on dates, times, and to/from airports designated and/or approved by Sponsor. Travel is subject to availability of flights and hotel at time of booking.
Airline tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated on tickets. Airline travel may involve connecting flights in other locations. Material restrictions may apply. Unless otherwise indicated herein as being awarded, winner and guest are solely responsible for all expenses associated with prize including, but not limited to, all local, long distance and international telephone calls, optional sightseeing excursions, laundry service, room service, merchandise, souvenirs, incidental expenses, travel insurance and all other costs and expenses. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $4,000. Actual value of Grand Prize may vary based on hotel rate, and airfare. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s discretion, in which case a prize of comparable retail value will be awarded.
5. Conditions. Sweepstakes is subject to these complete Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, and (c) acknowledge that Sponsor and the Released Entities (as defined below) have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or violating these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws apply. Applicable federal, state, and local taxes are responsibility of winners. Winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the Grand Prize. By entering, all participants assign and transfer to Sponsor all rights, title and interest in their entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each entrant grants to Sponsor the right to copy, edit, publish, promote, broadcast, and otherwise use, in whole or in part, their entries, in any manner without further permission, notice, or compensation. Each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law).
In the event viruses, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes or acts of terrorism, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, the Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes, and in such event to select a winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incomplete, undelivered, mutilated, illegible, or misdirected entries; or for typographical errors in an entry, these Official Rules or any other materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Entries are void and will be disqualified if they are, in whole or in part, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or do not comply with these Official Rules. If any dispute arises regarding the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be determined based upon the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g, business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor may request any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH ATTEMPT, THE SPONSOR OR ANY AFFECTED RELEASED ENTITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering, each entrant releases Sponsor and its partners, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising, production and promotion agencies (collectively the “Released Entities) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, merchandise delivery or the violation of any intellectual property rights.
6. Winner List. For name of grand prize winner (available after October 10, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winner’s List, The Giver Sweepstakes, c/ o Walden Media, LLC, 17 New England Executive Park, Suite 305, Burlington, MA 01803. Requests must be received by September 30, 2014.